Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I’m Turning Japanese

A few months ago, I blogged about still being a Gaijin in Japan for Gaijin Test. Recently, I have come to realize I’ve been doing a lot of things I swore I’d never do, and which I poked fun at in the first few months/years I’d been in Japan. Embarrassing to admit, but here are the Ten Reasons I think I’m Turning Japanese:
I sleep on the train (sometimes).

I do the bow and single-hand cutting combination to cut through lines.

I take home my “gomi (trash)” in a plastic bag and recycle it.

I feel uncomfortable if I’m not wearing stockings or socks.

I make pretty bento.

I do sudoku.

I carry two or three bags on the crook of my arm.

I don’t get bothered by terrible English signs.

I understand and use the expressions “natsukashii”, “mendoukusai” and “mottainai”.

I do the head-bending and sucking in of air when asked a difficult question I’d rather not answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment